Sunday, December 9, 2007

it's new to me...

This is a picture of my "alas" beloved green Taurus wagon. That's just what happens sometimes when you stop for a red light on a 40 mph road and the guy in the big pick-up behind you does not.
Anyway, I have a new (to me), 1996 Taurus wagon. This one is gold! It will fit my gurney perfectly (see 11/18/07) and is fancier than my beloved green one, but as is true with so many over 60K Taurus, the transmission is slipping.
I'm going to pick up a bottle of Lucas' Transmission Fix tomorrow and see if that can fix it. If it does, I'll shout out loud! If not, I'll whimper quietly. If it does not fix it, I have a guy (and his whole shop) who will trade the transmission from the green car to the gold car. As you can see, it was hit in the back. The front is fine. We'll see what happens. By the way, I'm teaching the man who owns auto repair place Photoshop®, so it won't cost me much to have it fixed anyway. Ain't life strange sometimes? When this car is finally up to snuff, I'll put up a picture of it on this blog. Then you'll know we're all set for more location work.

No comments: