Friday, August 7, 2009

Filling the empty spaces

Boredom: I can't stand it. Maybe it's the ADD or maybe it's just human nature but I dread being bored. I'm not booked on a food packaging job until next Tuesday. I look forward to that job but what am I supposed to do in the meantime? Thank God a FedEx package arrived this morning. It was filled with NUK products for me to shoot. I like photographing NUK products because they handle light well and have lots of small detail that I can obsess over while I light. Most photographers seem to hate simple product shots (compared to the larger packaging type jobs) but I see them as a way to stretch my creative lighting legs on a lowly job, a good way to make money and most of all a way to fill my days between the bigger jobs. For me they are a boredom killer. I will be teaching two classes at William Paterson University this fall. That will help to keep me busy but my favorite boredom killer continues to be these simple product shots.

No comments: