Friday, March 5, 2010

Pharmaceutical Still-life


Why would a food photographer find himself shooting still-lifes for a pharmaceutical company? In this case there were a number of good reasons.
1) They agreed to my price so I could be a happy shooter.
2) The art director was a friend.
3) Food photographers can shoot everything very well and
4) No one else wanted to book me that day.
We drove out to Pennsylvania in the Taurus with the gurney full of studio equipment. We stayed over night so that we could get an early start the next day and shoot all day in a corporate conference room. We ate well. I have known Clint, my friend from Morgan Design, for many years. We were able to be totally comfortable for the two days that we were together. So there it is: One day + shooting, one day retouching, a happy client and money with a camera. What could be better than that?

No comments: