Monday, March 22, 2010

Spec




What is this?

Is it an illustration or a photograph?

The answer to those questions is: Yes!
Each piece has been individually photographed with the same light. The shadows have been duplicated in Photoshop with paths and each part is indiviually controlled on it’s own layer; even the paperclips. Now the art director can tweek the file to his heart’s content. This kind of digital work can look real when the photographer knows the end result and all of the light matches.

This was a job I did on spec for a friend who has his own design firm. I'll have to wait and see if the company chooses this direction or one of the the others he has presented. Still, it was nothing but fun to make. If they go another way, maybe I'll put it up on Alamy. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats off to you enter, intention look audacious for more cognate articles promptly as its one of my pick question to read.