Friday, December 13, 2013

It's a major award!

I try to tell my fellow photo professors and students that film is dead, digital photography is now 20 years old and the only reason to shoot film today is because you like to.
My good friend Bernard was a master welder before he had to leave that job and took over running the Power Art building where I teach. I tell him often that if he ever was fired I would quit teaching at my University. He knows most of my classes so well that when I am not there, I can trust him to help out the students. 
Bernard gave me this "put a nail in it" award (it's a major award ala Christmas Story) to celebrate my often spoken line "film is dead".
Thank you Bernard. The welds are beautiful, the design is thoughtful and the thought is oh so much appreciated.
Thanks!

No comments: